Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE TO BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THEM COMPLETELY. USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY AND ADHERE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. These Terms of Service govern your access to and use of this micro-site operated by AMOCO FCU. These Terms of Service are a legally binding agreement between you and AMOCO FCU, and contain important information about our site and your use of our service.
AMOCO FCU does not charge a fee to access this site or to use this Service. To sell or post User Content on this site you must be a member of AMOCO Federal Credit Union. For information regarding membership please call 800.231.6053 or visit www.amocofcu.org.
ACCESS TO THE SERVICE
AMOCO FCU grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the Service for your own personal use. This license does not include: (a) access to the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by AMOCO FCU. A limited exception to (b) is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file. “General purpose internet search engine” does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings or in any subset of classifieds listings such as jobs, housing, for sale, services, or personals, or which is in the business of providing classified ad listing services.
AMOCO FCU permits you to display on your website, or create a hyperlink on your website to, individual postings on the Service so long as such use is for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes only (e.g., for use in personal web blogs or personal online media) so long as the link does not portray AMOCO FCU, its employees, or its affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
Use of the Service beyond the scope of authorized access granted to you by AMOCO FCU immediately terminates said permission or license. In order to collect, aggregate, copy, duplicate, display or make derivative use of the Service or any Content made available via the Service for other purposes (including commercial purposes) not stated herein, you must first obtain permission from AMOCO FCU.
POSTING USER CONTENT (RULES AND GUIDELINES)
Some of our sites allow visitors to post, submit, or display information, messages, suggestions, questions, comments, postings, advertisements, ratings, ideas, techniques, notes, know-how, drawings, concepts, designs, audiovisual material, photographs, and pictures (including pictures of the user and other representations of the user’s name and likeness), digital images or other content in any form (collectively “User Content”).
By posting User Content on this site or any AMOCO FCU website, you hereby grant AMOCO FCU an unrestricted, transferable, and sub licensable, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, and perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, make derivative works of, and otherwise use the User Content in any media or manner whatsoever for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or not, without any approval from you.
You hereby disclaim any right to any compensation from AMOCO FCU in connection with the User Content you have posted on this site or any other AMOCO FCU website. You acknowledge and agree that AMOCO FCU is under no obligation of confidence to you, and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Content.
By posting User Content on this site or any AMOCO FCU site, you represent and warrant that you own the copyright in such User Content or that you have a legitimate license to post the User Content, including photographs or other audiovisual material, without any restrictions whatsoever.
AMOCO FCU has no obligation to monitor this site or any portion thereof. However, AMOCO FCU reserves the right to review any User Content and remove, delete, or otherwise modify such User Content, in its sole discretion, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation or any compensation to you.
AMOCO FCU has no obligation to display or post any User Content. AMOCO FCU reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or User Content that AMOCO FCU deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contractual obligation, legal, dispute process, or governmental request. AMOCO FCU shall have no liability in connection with any User Content submitted to, transmitted via, or displayed or posted on this site.
Each party posting Content to the Service is responsible for said Content and compliance with the following terms.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way.
- That is pornographic or depicts sexual conduct or any like references.
- That harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
- That violates the Fair Housing Act by stating, in any notice or ad for sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory p reference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (or violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics).
- That violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- That violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.
- That impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to an AMOCO FCU employee or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content or User Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.
- That includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- That is false, deceptive, misleading, or deceitful.
- That infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, Content or User Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- That constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing”, “link referral code”, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- That constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if posted in areas of AMOCO sites which are not designated for such purposes, or email to AMOCO members who have not indicated in writing that it is okay to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
- That includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in “services”.
- That advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law.
- That contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- That disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content or User Content (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Service.
- That employs misleading email addresses or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content and User Content transmitted through the Service.
You also agree not to:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- Stalk or otherwise harass anyone
- Collect personal data about other uses for commercial or unlawful purposes
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service, unless permitted by AMOCO FCU.
- Post non-local other otherwise irrelevant User Content, repeatedly post the same or similar User Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Post the same item or service in more than one classified category.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to AMOCO FCU’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the AMOCO FCU website.
- Use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of posting on the AMOCO FCU website without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an automated posting device), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You agree that AMOCO FCU, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any User
Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if AMOCO FCU believes that you have acted inconsistently with the terms outlined. Further, you agree that AMOCO FCU shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination.
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of AMOO FCU. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of AMOCO FCU, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service.
Although AMOCO FCU does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting User Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to AMOCO FCU an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said User Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting User Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant AMOCO FCU all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the User Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.
INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. You agree to hold AMOCO FCU and its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, licensors, and licensees harmless from any and all claims, demands, attorneys’ fees, damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known and unknown, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of, or any way connected with the use of any information at this site, any transaction occurring through this site, the safety or quality of any goods or services purchased or sold through this site, or the truth or accuracy of any claim made about such goods or services.
You may contact AMOCO FCU with questions or comments regarding Terms of Service or anything else related to AMOCO FCU and/or this site at www.amocofcu.org or at 800.231.6053.